Like in any athletic endeavour, a coach supports their client(s) to accomplish something beyond what they can do on their own. Executive and leadership coaching is a partnership between a coach and a client that begins and ends with the client’s commitment.
Any coaching starts from an assumption that an improvement in performance or results is possible. By engaging in coaching, you will have the opportunity for authentic sustainable life-long transformation. In order for you to get the full benefit of being coached, you need to be clear that you can make a transformation that will be worthwhile. Transformation can be thought of as a range from making a significant alteration in a situation you are dealing with (to include relationships) to your making a complete and major change in the very fabric of who you know yourself to be.
“I have a better sense of what is important to me and what I am looking forward to in my career. I liked that my conversations with Kari were a balance of very practical things to work on and bigger picture ideas or themes from my life.”
- Dr. Tai Lockspeiser, Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital Colorado
ACCOMPLISH YOUR COMMITMENT
While results differ widely from client to client given unique personal goals, commitments and concerns, there are some commonalities between them. Being coached can lead to:
- A powerful place to stand and interact with the world
- Achieving your most daring personal and professional goals in life
- Reaching new levels of competence in your leadership and performance
- Increased effectiveness and confidence when interacting with others (even the really tough people)
- New effective actions you never imagined yourself taking
- Strategic clarity for yourself, your team, initiative or organization
- Moving into an entirely new direction in life
- A sense of relief, fulfillment and satisfaction in your life
- Achieving work-life balance
- And more...
It is not uncommon for the goals of a coaching engagement to expand as rapidly as the client expands.